Internet Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms
What these terms cover.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content.
Why you should read them.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are.
We are Lawdeck Limited with trading name “Homeshift Internet” a company in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08442448 and our registered office is at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
How to contact us.
You can contact us by emailing our customer service team at email@example.com or Homeshift, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
How we may contact you.
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
”Writing” includes emails.
When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
How we will accept your order.
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot accept your order.
If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the Services.
We only sell to the UK.
Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
4. The services
What we provide.
We provide a bundled broadband and line rental service, together these are the “Service”. The Service is provided for private use by you and members of your household, for domestic purposes. We do not provide broadband or line rental individually.
How we provide the Service.
We require equipment (this will include a router, and may include a phone line and master socket) to be set up at your home to enable us to provide the Service (the “Equipment”).
5. Providing the service
Prior to Delivery.
You shall ensure that your laptop, computer, tablet, etc (“Devices”) are compatible with the Ethernet or WiFi connection.
Delivery of Equipment.
We will agree with you a date for delivery and agreed delivery method, and/or installation of the Equipment required to set up the Service at your home. A person who is 18 years old or over must be present at the property during any installation. We reserve the right to instruct Openreach to undertake the installation of the Equipment where necessary. Alternatively, where it is just a router we will provide it to you for self-installation.
Activation of the Service depends on external providers, but we shall use our best endeavors to activate the Service on the date set out in your order. We will supply the Services to you until this contract is terminated in accordance with its terms.
If you are not at home on the date of delivery and/or installation.
If no one is available at your address to take delivery of the Equipment and/or the Equipment cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Equipment from a local depot, and we may charge you additional costs to cover any installation appointment time.
If you do not re-arrange delivery.
If you do not collect the Equipment from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract.
If you do not allow us access for installation.
If you do not allow access to your property to install the Equipment as arranged, and/or if someone aged 18 years old or above is not present, (and you do not have a good reason for this or have not provided us sufficient warning to amend the installation appointment) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control.
If our supply of the Equipment and/or Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Services you have paid for but not received.
When you become responsible for the Equipment.
The Equipment will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the Equipment at the address you gave us.
Performance of the Service.
Due to the nature of the Service provided, we cannot guarantee specific levels of performance for the Service.
Monitoring of the Service.
Reasons we may suspend the Service to you.
We may have to suspend the supply of the Service to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the Service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to comply with a law or regulatory authority; and/or
- make changes to the Service as requested by you or notified by us to you.
Your rights if we suspend the Service.
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the Service, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the Service for longer than 30 consecutive days, we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for Services while they are suspended.
We may also suspend supply of the Services if you do not pay.
If you do not pay us for the Service when you are supposed to and you still do not make payment within 20 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the Service until you have paid us the outstanding amounts.
6. Your warranties
You confirm that you are the owner of, and that you have obtained all necessary consents to use the email name, mailbox name, or any other name selected by you in connection with the Service.
You are responsible for the way the Equipment and Services are used. You must not do any of the following acts or allow anyone else to do the following acts in relation to the Equipment and/or Services:
- send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone's reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal;
- cause annoyance, nuisance, inconvenience or needless worry to, or infringe the rights of, any other person;
- perform any illegal activities;
- break, or circumvent, (or attempt to do so), the security of our network and equipment;
- deliberately receive, use, own, post, make available, transmit or publish, offensive, harmful and/or illegal material (including images of child abuse);
- upload, download, post, publish, make available or transmit any information, content, material or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights of another person (or company) without the permission of its owner;
- copy, distribute, make available, attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse-engineer, modify, sub-license, or use for any other purposes any equipment we provide;
- use any of the services in a manner not consistent with reasonable residential domestic use;
- use any Internet Protocol (IP) address that we have not assigned to you. Put simply, you may not use the services to harm the service of another internet user or impersonate another user, whether on our network or external to our network; and
use the service in a way that:
- risks degradation of services to other customers;
- puts our network at risk;
- is not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a residential customer; and/or
- breaks the law or infringes the rights of any other person.
Use of the Equipment.
You are responsible for making sure that our Equipment is safe and used properly at all times. To do this you agree to do the following:
- follow the manufacturer's instructions and any other reasonable instructions we have given you;
- keep the Equipment in your home and under your control; and
- not tamper with disassemble, misuse, neglect or damage the Equipment;
Informing us of any loss or damage.
You agree to contact our customer services team as soon as you are aware of any loss or damage to the Equipment.
7. Amendments to the contract
When we may make changes.
We may at any time modify, amend, or alter the contract if:
- there is any change or amendment to any law, code of practice, guidance, or regulation which applies to us of the Services provided to you;
- we decide that the Services should be altered for reasons of quality of service or otherwise for the benefit of customers or, in our reasonable opinion, it is necessary to do so in order to continue to provide the Services;
- for security, technical or operational reasons;
- we introduce new service improvements or equipment;
- the changes or additions are minor and do not affect materially disadvantage you; or
- in all other events, where we reasonably determine that any modification to a relevant system, our network or a change in trading, operating or business practices or policies is necessary to maintain or improve the services provided to you.
8. Your rights to end the contract
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do.
You are entitled to end the contract on no less than 30 days’ notice for a reason set out at (a) to (c) below provided that notice is given as soon as practicably possible after you are made aware of the reason you wish to rely on; failure to terminate will constitute acceptance of the new term(s). If any of these changes come into force within your notice period then your contract shall continue on the original terms until termination. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the Services, or the charges for the Services, or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Services you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; and/or
- there is a risk that supply of the Services may be significantly worsened, or permanently stopped.
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
You have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days from the order date, and receive a refund. The refund will be in full, but we cannot refund you for any Services you have already received, and any costs of installation. Additionally, we may require the return of the Equipment if received. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind.
Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed. The contract will not end until 30 days after the day on which you contact us. We will refund any advance payment you have made for the Services which will not be provided to you, and the final payment shall be prorated amount until the end of your use of the Services.
How to end the contract.
To end the contract with us for any of these reasons, please let us know by either phone or email. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. Any refund owed will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
9. Our rights to end the contract
We may end the contract if you break it.
We may end the contract for a Service at any time by writing to you if you breach any warranties found within this contract, and we consider, acting reasonably, that your breach is sufficiently serious and requires the termination of this contract. In these circumstances we may end the contract immediately, without notice.
We may end the contract for other reasons.
Additionally, we may end the contract immediately, for the following reasons:
- if our authority to operate as a public communications provider, or any other authority that we hold and must hold in the provision of the Services, is suspended for any reason;
- If in our reasonable opinion it is necessary to do so for security, technical, or operational reasons;
- you become insolvent or bankrupt, you enter into any arrangement with your creditors, or if any legal action is taken or threatened against your property;
- we believe that you or another person at your home have committed, or may be committing, any fraud against us, or any other person or organisation whether or not by using the Services or Equipment (or both);
- we have reason to believe that you have provided us with false, inaccurate or misleading information either for the purpose of obtaining the services and/or the equipment from us, or at any time during the provision of the services;
- we are required to comply with applicable law or regulation, or comply with an order, instruction or request of Government, an emergency services organisation or other competent administration, legal or regulatory authority; and/or,
- you or anyone you authorise to deal with us on your behalf acts in a way towards our staff or agents which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate.
You must compensate us if you break the contract.
If we end the contract in the situations set out above in this section ‘Our Rights to End the Contract’ we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
We may withdraw the Service.
We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Service. We will let you know at least 30 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the Service and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for Services which will not be provided.
10. Price and payment
Where to find the price for the Services.
The price of the Services (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. In addition to this, there will be a set-up fee and activation fee. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the Services advised to you is correct.
Other charges to your account.
Should you incur any additional charges on your account, you are liable for those charges unless the charges result from fraud by a third party user of those additional services for whom you had no control over. Additional charges shall include a call out fee where the fault is your own.
We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT.
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the Services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Service in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
What happens if we got the price wrong.
It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the services we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the Services’ correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Services’ correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
When you must pay and how you must pay.
You are responsible for and must pay the charges for the Services, together with any applicable value added tax or other applicable taxes. We will send you an electronic invoice by email. If you provide us with incorrect contact details, you shall remain fully responsible and liable to pay any bills which have been sent to the email you supplied.
Annual RPI Increase.
We reserve the right to increase tariffs by RPI + 2% with effect from 1 April 2022 and annually thereafter.
11. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
When we are liable for damage to your property.
If we are installing the Equipment in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the installation.
We are not liable for business losses.
We only supply the Service for domestic and private use. If you use the Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
It is your responsibility to keep back-up copies of any data you upload to our network, and you are responsible for any system you establish.
12. How we may use you personal information
How we may use your personal information.
13. Other important terms
Nobody else has any rights under this contract.
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If a court finds part of the contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing the contract, we can still enforce it later.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Service, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
14. Below are the terms and conditions for the Homeshift “Broadband on us for a month” offer:
These terms relate to the Homeshift Internet “Broadband on us for a month”, below also referred to as “the/this offer”. This offer is valid for a limited time only. Homeshift reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is available for new sign-ups with an order date before the 30th September 2021. Service Provision date can be after this date and will not effect eligibility of orders placed before 30th September 2021. Set up fee applies.
Customers will receive a credit to the value of one month Homeshift internet payment. This credit will be available to the customer after 60 days of the start date. In order to claim the offer, customers need to contact Homeshift at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Broadband on us for a month” once their internet service has been ordered. The last day to do this is by 31st October 2021. Any claims received after this date will not be honoured. The offer is limited to one per household and can’t be transferred to anyone else. Homeshift Internet cancellations are subject to a 30-day notice period.
These terms and conditions were last updated on September 13th 2021.